Location: Dallas/ Bangalore /Coimbatore/Manila | Remote
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Should be a certified coder, having expertise in Radiation Oncology Specialty and must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in Radiation Oncology Specialty.
- Need to work in Meditech and similar Practice management System
- This position evaluates medical records and assigns appropriate clinical diagnosis and procedure codes in accordance with nationally recognized coding guidelines for professional and technical Radiation Oncology services.
- Accurately codes diagnostic and charge procedural and supply information in accordance with national coding guidelines and appropriate reimbursement requirements.
- Consults with medical providers to clarify missing or inadequate record information and to determine appropriate diagnostic and procedure codes.
- Provides thorough, timely and accurate assignments of ICD and/or CPT codes, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs and reconciliation of charges.
- Abstracts clinical diagnoses, procedure codes and documents other pertinent information obtained from the medical record into the electronic medical records.
- Uses specialized knowledge for accurate assignment of ICD/CPT and MS-DRG codes according to national guidelines.
- Raise exceptions for non codable charts/records and work with the client to resolve the exceptions in a timely manner.
- Advise client on Clinical Documentation Improvement and provide provider education as needed.
- May seek guidance for correct interpretation of coding guidelines and LCDs (Local Coverage Determinations)
- Work all assigned coding edits related to radiation oncology professional or technical claims.
- Train and mentor the junior coder on this type of coding and coding process
- Works independently under regular supervision.
- Should meet the TAT and other client requirements.
- Should meet quality and compliance requirements.