Behavior & Mental health billing can get complicated due to the various type of services offered to patients and the insurance plans, deductibles and other variations by state, payer and plan.
// box (h6)
Plutus Health Mental Health Billing Approach:
- Before rendering service to patient, Plutus team will obtain the future appointment reports and verify the eligibility and benefits for the patient.
- During appointment time, Patient collectables like Co-pay, Deductible collected from patient during visit. (Deductibles are collected based on the allowed amount by payer)
- Claim audit is done before transmitting the claim to payer which would help is reducing the denials and rejections
- Plutus plan in a way that patient collectable will be done before the claim submission and payer payments in the first submission.
- For Non-covered and no coverage notification will be sent to client where they can reach patient and get updated payer information if no insurance Self-pay rate can be collected.
// box (h6)
Top Mental health billing insurance denials:
- Non-covered service under patient benefit plan
- Claims need to be billed to correct payer.
- Incorrect CPT has been billed.
- Missing / Invalid Auth#
- Provider not enrolled
Above major denials are completely fixed by Plutus team by verifying the complete benefits, network status & Authorization requirement.